7.5.370 won't run

Firstly, hello to all.

The problem I'm having is that Retrospect 7.5.370 will not run on my sytem. My machine is running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.

The installer completes with an installation successful message, but when I try to launch the program the main window appears for a second and then disappears with a Windows error chime but no error message. This happens every single time I try to start it.

My machine specs are:

ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi, C2DE6400, 2GB DDR2-800, GF7950GT, 50GB RAID0 (Windows), 273GB RAID1 (Data), 2x200GB SATA (Storage), 2xLITE-ON SATA DVD-RW.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Col.

While I don't remember having to do this for Retro [on Vista], I've found for some applications you have to right click and Run As Administrator. If that doesn't work, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling with Run As Administrator.

FYI. In XP I had to run ASPI to see my optical drives when my OS was installed on a RAID0. The RAID0 was using the built in motherboard RAID drivers.

Thanks for your help jelenko, I tried Run As Admin and uninstall/reinstall as Admin all to no avail. I even did a fresh install of Vista then reinstall Retro, same result, progam window appears for a moment then a chime, then it's gone.

Oh well.....

Cheers,

Col.

Vista Home Premium: I'm seeing notification after the gui comes up that says Retro is locked provide Admin password to continue. Alas, typing in the correct admin password doesn't work. Then all I can do is hit cancel and Retro quits.

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

I recently did a fresh install of XP(SP2) on the exact same hardware. I then installed Retrospect and on first launch the program window opened for a second and then disappeared, exatly the same thing it did under Vista.

I can only conclude that Retrospect has problems running on my Intel Matrix RAID setup(ICH8R).

Array consists of 2 Hitachi 320GB SATA2 drives configured as a 50GB RAID0 'C' drive and a 273GB RAID1 'D' drive.

I hope a future retrospect driver update will solve this problem.

Col.

• 1 month later...

To cut a long story short Rerto 7.5.387 on Vista Ultimate x86 (not tested on RAID, running 4 SATA HDDs in AHCI mode) now works fine for me.

A driver update from intel solved it.

The latest Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver version available for my board from ASUS is 6.2.0.1009 - Retro didn't work with this.

The latest Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver version available for the P965 Express chipset from Intel is 7.0.0.1020 - Retro didn't work with this.

The latest Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver version available specifically for the Intel Desktop Board DQ965WC (same ICH8R as my board) is 7.5.0.1017 - Retro works fine with this driver!

Success at last!

I am very happy now, backing up again. grin.gif

Edited for spellingwink.gif

Archived