Email Event Handler

I'm trying to set up the email event handler routine but it just doesn't seem to generate an email when I execute it. I modified the BAT file to create a mail.log file for problem solving but nothing gets generated when the routine runs so I'm assuming it's executing correctly. Anybody out there able to get it working? I'd appreciate any help/comments. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

As I discovered, "on RetrospectStart()" handler does not work (and cannot work) due to a bug in implementation. When Retrospect is started Retrospect Event Handler script is initiated and it starts listening for events, but by then Retrospect is already up and running (way past the RetrospectStart() event already). In order to detect RetrospectStart() event you need to start the script by some other means. I put mine in the Startup Items folder and run it continuously as an agent (daemon) so now RetrospectStart() event works.

My email event handler has been working fine for months. If you edited what's below this line: "REM These recipients will get emails for all events" in the file, you should always get email. The only other thing that needs to be done then is copying/moving the bat file to the directory with retrospect.exe

Archived