content unrecognized after successful backup

I have a Mac, Retrospect Express 5.0 and Teac cd-w28e mechanism (Smartdisk VST Firewire CDRW drive). I installed the 2.7.102 driver update and the drive is seen by retrospect. A backup executes perfectly and the verification reports no errors. If I leave the CD-R media in the drive and perform a restore of any file, it works fine. But as soon as I remove the CD-R media from the drive and try to put it back in, I get the message from retrospect "content unrecognized". I am currently using FujiFilm CD-R media. Why would the software be able to read the disc before it was ejected but not after it was re-inserted?

While in Retrospect, go to Configure > Devices > Device Status. What is the version number listed for your drive?

Try using a different brand of media, such as TDK, Sony or Verbatim. Media quality plays a big role in backup.

This drive requires a minimum firmware version of 1.1b for compatibility with Retrospect. Please check with your vendor or manufacturer for updated firmware availability.

For complete details on this device regarding Retrospect compatibility requirements, please see:

www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=compatibility_list_detail&id=766

This information is available for any device by searching the Device Search Engine and then clicking on the link for your specific device.

www.dantz.com/hardware

• 2 weeks later...

Archived