Write to any tape

I have 6 tapes on Retrospect 7.5.9.102. I would appreciate any solution that will allow me to have a recycle (full) backup daily of selected volumes that will write to any tape the client has inserted into the drive. This will cut down on failed back up due to client confusion that happens more often than not.

Thanks,

Rick

Hello Russ,

You sure do keep track of this forum. This was my first time using it (obviously). I started by replying to a similar thread, I then noticed that it did not show on the root of that thread, so I posted it on the root. After looking around I found the "For general discussions" thread and thought it may be more appropriate there. I apologize if anyone has been adversely affected by my 3 posts.

Thanks,

Rick

Some of us do read most of the posts and try to offer assistance if we can. If every poster posted each question three times or more, that's a lot of fluff to wade through. The first time I saw your post I answered it (in another forum, in another thread). The second time I saw your same post, I ignored it, thinking perhaps you had never used a help forum before and didn't know proper etiquette. The third time I saw the same post, I had to say something for fear that you were going to keep posting and posting and posting and posting ....

Just so you realize that it does take time for those of us who try to help others, that we are not paid for this, and that we don't work for EMC. And many times, the same questions are asked again and again and again. That's why there is a search capability for the forums. Your particular question had been asked before and answered before.

russ