I have got an Apple Mac Server running 10.4.8 system and a copy of Retrospect 6.1.126 it backs up 10 Apple Mac all running different systems for OS9 to OSX. I updated my Apple Mac to OS X 10.4.8 and thats when the problem appeared. It does not back up my Mac as everytime I try to log in I get the following message:

Can't log in, error 541 (client not installed or not running)

I dowloaded the latest client software Retrospect Client for Macintosh 6.1.130 but still not working

has anyone got any ideas as i am going mad!!!!!!!!!!!

The information you provided thus far is too sketchy and ambiguous.

Are you saying that the problem appeared when you updated the server to 10.4.8, or was it when you updated the problem client?

What specific hardware and system software are you using for the backup computer and clients (both the ones that are working and the one that is not)? Do all the clients have the same software version? Does the problem client have an Intel or a PowerPC processor?

What is your network configuration? Receiving the 541 error suggests you're using fixed IP addresses (otherwise you should get the -1028 "Client not visible" error). How are the IP addresses assigned, and are you sure that the client is still at the expected IP address?

More information please.

Archived