SQL restores much slower

danno74

We run two jobs at the beginning of each month, one to backup all SQL tables on this one server (X), and then we run a restore of this tape to another server (Y).

The script for the end of month (EOM) backup run on X was lost because we have to remove the license and add it back in order to see new databases (very, very inconvenient btw). Since our tech recreated the job, the completion time has gone from 45min to an hr to 3 hrs.

This is not due to space because the new SQL db is small since it is a new office. Verification is off. The time it takes to restore to Y is the same. Anyone know of any other settings I can look at? The server gets rebooted every week, it's not a server/memory issue, and the server is only running Retrospect.

Please help, I'm getting heat because our EOM process needs to be as short as possible. frown.gif

Quote:

The script for the end of month (EOM) backup run on X was lost because we have to remove the license and add it back in order to see new databases (very, very inconvenient btw).

I'm not sure about the speed, but why do you have to relicense to see new databases? If SQL is running on the client go to Configure > Clients > Properties > Volumes and select the new databases. They will then be available for backup.

• 4 weeks later...