PIONEER DVDR-110D

I am having trouble with a Internal DVD-RW that came installed with my G5. I installed Retrospect 6 without any problems but I have been unable to get it to back anything up. When I go to configure the device it gets to the point where it asks me to insert a disc, then says "Checking writing method..." then nothing. The gears go round and round and then the disc stop spinning. I have to force quit retrospect as the program stops responding. I have seen similar problems on some other threads but I haven't found a solution that has worked for me yet so far I have tried the following:

1. Upgraded to Retrospect 6.1

2. Upgraded drivers to 6.1.8.101

3. Tried different media: DVD-, DVD+, CD - same error with all

4. Deleted all the *.rdi files before trying to configure again

Does anyone have any idea's??

Quote:

I am having trouble with a Internal DVD-RW that came installed with my G5.

You should not need to configure this drive. It is supported. The custom configuration may be the cause of your issues; delete the .rdi files and then try a backup. See:

Pioneer DVR-110D

If that doesn't work, please provide us with some additional details (Mac version, Mac OS version, Retrospect version (6.1.?????).

Russ

Hi rhwalker,

Thanks for your post.

I have cleared the *.rdi files and I can get the backup to run right up until the point where it goes to write to the DVD. It then says that the DVD is write protected. while I have been writing this it now says not responding.

Have searched the forums for this error but so far nada.

Any ideas?