Error -24201, Trouble matching

Anyone else encountered:

"Trouble matching 'volume name' on 'computer name' to 'backup set name', error -24201 (chunk checksum didn't match)."

I been getting it consistently, under these conditions. It is almost always on the third tape of a backup set. The backup set created for a Backup Server where I have it set to back up my clients once a day using Retro 5.0.205. It has happened both before and after the driver update. The clients are a mix of OS 9.x and OS 10.1.x, all running the most current client. The server is a G3/266 desktop, running OS 9.2.2, backing up through an adaptec 29160 to a Sony 35/70GB AIT.

I'd hoped I could limit the problems cause to one client, or one type of client, but can't, the trouble matching will begin after backing up either a OS X or OS 9 box. I have tried to create new backup sets, it still happens, always somewhere during the third tape. yes, it is a different tape each time. I've also tried a complete reinstall, doesn't help. It seems to only happen when Retrospect is set to act as a backup server. Ereasing the third member of the set helps, but only to a point, because eventually the trouble matching error happens again.

Any help, suggestions or sympathy would be appreicated.

Archived