Backup to Netapp reports ''didn't compare at offset 8 in stream "Extended Data"''

Using Retrospect 5.6, trying to back up to a NetApp filer (OS version 6.5), the initial copies of files reports

- 2/10/2004 12:51:28 PM: Copying X connector on DATA (J:)

2/10/2004 12:51:29 PM: Comparing test on green on Koko

File "J:\My Documents\X connector\CS Grad Login.rxc": didn't compare at offset 8 in stream "Extended Data"

File "J:\My Documents\X connector\CS Login.rxc": didn't compare at offset 8 in stream "Extended Data"

File "J:\My Documents\X connector\farsideLogin.rxc": didn't compare at offset 8 in stream "Extended Data"

File "J:\My Documents\X connector\RCI Login.rxc": didn't compare at offset 8 in stream "Extended Data"

File "J:\My Documents\X connector\UnderGrad Login.rxc": didn't compare at offset 8 in stream "Extended Data"

File "J:\My Documents\X connector\xterm.rxc": didn't compare at offset 8 in stream "Extended Data"

2/10/2004 12:51:30 PM: 6 execution errors

A previous version of the NetApp OS did *not* report these errors, but repetitively copied files due to

inaccuracy in time representation (as reported in a different thread on this forum titled "Duplicate failed

with different modify date/time errors "). The time problem has been fixed, but now the above errors occur.

NetApp has seen a packet trace of the problem and sees where it is failing. They would like to talk

to someone in technical support at Dantz to discuss a possible resolution to this. Could this be arranged?

Or does a later version of Retrospect address this? It's currently unusable with our NetApp.

Archived