Trouble with Win2000 Profesional & 5.15

I had a perfectly working setup before I had hardware troubles on two Win2000 Profesional systems. Ultimately, I replaced the motherboards and reinstalled Retrospect Server 5.15 on one and Client 5.15 on the other. Now I cannot get the server to get past 2951 files on the client. It gets to that point just fine, and then times out.

Any idea what is going on? I can't find a cross-over cable, but I tried having just these two systems connected into a switch/hub and it still hung at the same point.

I am backing up another 5.15 client on Windows ME without any trouble. The server itself backs up just fine as well.

I did accidently upgrade the client on the other Win 2000 machine to 5.6 for a while, could that have been my problem?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Brad

Quote:

I did accidently upgrade the client on the other Win 2000 machine to 5.6 for a while, could that have been my problem?

The 5.15 application is not compatible with the 5.6 client. You'll need to upgrade your application or downgrade your client version.

• 2 weeks later...