Retrospect 5.5 and Qualstar Tape Library

We have Retrospect 5.5 Win 2K Server Edition and a Qualstar Tape Library (w/13 tapes) as our backup device. I want to set up two backup sets -- each to execute every other week on an alternating basis -- and would like to know if there is a way to set aside some of the tapes in my library for one backup set and some for the other set, so that I don't have to pop tapes in and out every week. Can this be done?...

Currently, it is not possible to bind backup sets to specific tapes. This is an important feature request for many customers, and one that we are hoping to add to a future release.

You can try pre-naming the tapes with the proper names (eg: 1-Backup Set A, 2-Backup Set A). Retrospect will first look for tapes with the correct name, then it will look for blank tapes. If Retrospect needs a new tape and fails to find a correctly named tape or blank tape, it will use a blank tape that has been named for a different backup set.