Breece Hill

mikewhy

Hi, we are trying to get Retrospect 5.6.132 windows server edition (driver update 3.1), working with a Breece Hill Q.15. When I click on configure devices, I see the BHTi library, all 15 slots, and the 2 DLT 4000 drives. Problem is, I can't seem to control anything from the Retrospect interface. For example, I cannot select a tape in one of the slots and erase it, nor can I get Retrospect to automatically load a tape from the library into one of the drives.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

In reply to:

For example, I cannot select a tape in one of the slots and erase it, nor can I get Retrospect to automatically load a tape from the library into one of the drives.

What happens when you try? Does the program not respond at all? Does it say it's (for example) moving media, but nothing is moved? Can you drag tapes into the drive slot with the mouse?

Try clicking the Scan Media button in Configure > Devices. Are the tapes in the loader scanned? Do the proper names show up?

How is the loader listed in Configure > Devices? You should see the loader and the drive branched off the loader. Is this how it appears?

Archived