Restore Issue

bava

Not have used Retrospect 4.3 on my Onstream Tape for Mac for over a year there is total loss of recall. But one tape recovers a single folder of files and does not recognize or access the 12 GB of single video files. From the Directory I have done "tools - repair - update - recreate" from tapes. Next move?

I'm sorry - I really don't understand your question.

If you're indicating that you are trying to use a tape that was creating with Retrospect for Macintosh on a Retrospect for Windows machine, this won't work. The data isn't cross platform.

If this doesn't answer your question, please post more details about what you're trying to so, what exactly what isn't working, and your configuration.

Problem: only one folder is restored from a full tape. I work in varied multi-media and often depart from area to area for long periods, including backup matters. I have only used Retrospect (4.3) with the original Onstream ADR Tape system. The problem is that I can restore one folder of files from a particular back-up set but that ends the "restore files" session. There is at least 11 GB of additional files left on the tape that are not restored. This is how the recreated catalogue backup (18-11-02) set reads:

SUMMARY

Used: 14.4 G for 180 files

Available: 11.5 G, assuming media capacity of 13.8 G

Storage: 2 members, 2 sessions, 2 snapshots

SNAPSHOTS

folder X 22-6-01

folder Y 21-6-01

I also need to review the snapshot procedures.

When doing Snapshot restores, you can only restore from one snapshot at a time. A snapshot is a picture of the source at the time of the backup.

If your goal is to restore the _entire_ backup set as a whole, with all historical data, use the Restore option to: Search and Retrieve files. When you get to the window called Searching and Retrieval: Searching, leave the box blank (don't enter any search criteria). You can then elect to restore all files or selected files from the backup set.

As I quoted before, the recreated catalogue backup (18-11-02) set reads:

SUMMARY

SNAPSHOTS

folder X 22-6-01

folder Y 21-6-01

After following instructions I still cannot recover the files needed that take up most of the tape. Does "Available: 11.5 G" mean that such is erased and free to record on? Is there another move that can be made to try and restore the files?

Following a previous enquiry does this indicate that the 11.5 G is erased on the tape or can there be a restore posssibility?

SUMMARY

SNAPSHOTS

folder X 22-6-01

folder Y 21-6-01

Archived