Is 5.6.132 the latest 5.6 version?

guitrldy

I would like to download the .132 also. Please email me the download info if you don't post a link in this forum.

Although I'm now running RP6.0 on a newer XP PC, I'm still running RDB5.6 (.127) on an older W2K PC and have no plans to upgrade Retro on this PC. So I may as well have the most recent version of 5.6.

I don't think the updater/upgrader at "ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/retrospect_56_upgrade.exe" does what we want. I downloaded this version (which exactly matches the byte size of the last version I downloaded) and ran it on my RDB5.6 machine. The two obvious options are "Modify" and "Repair" (although some days the "Remove" option looks tempting...). I tried both with the same results (although Repair changed my Retrospect Launcher service settings to LocalSystem while Modify did not), with both downgrading my RDU so that I had to install/reinstall the latest version after the update.

In both cases, the version of Retrospect reported on the splash screen and in the log is .127 before and after the upgrade.

*** Before update/upgrade:

+ Retrospect version 5.6.127

Launched at 9/20/2002 3:47 PM

+ Retrospect Driver Update, version 3.0.101

Quit at 9/20/2002 3:47 PM

*** After "Modify" or "Repair"

Launched at 9/20/2002 3:49 PM

+ Retrospect Driver Update, version 2.3.125

Quit at 9/20/2002 3:49 PM

*** Latest RDU installed

Launched at 9/20/2002 3:51 PM

+ Retrospect Driver Update, version 3.1.103

I also recall doing this same "upgrade" several months ago in an effort to get .132 onto a system. At that time I also resorted to doing a complete Remove and reinstall with the same results (.127 before and after). Based on this, I don't believe that the retrospect_56_upgrade.exe file is the final .132 version *or* Modify/Repair or even Remove/and Reinstall doesn't remove or update *all* files.

Archived