Retrospect not seeing devices

alstone

Hello All,

I am having a problem getting retrospect 5.6 to see my atapi dvd-ram drive and any of the scsi devices attached to my system. When I look into environment, none of my devices have drivers next to them with the exception of my AIT tape drive. How does one enable the miniport driver in Win2k server? I read the troubleshooting guide and it says to enable the miniport driver in the registry. It tell you to make sure it is empty, what setting should be in there to make sure that it is empty. Any and all reponses will be greatly appreciated.

Does your system see the DVD-Ram drive? If you put a disk in the drive, can you open/explore the disk through Windows Explorer? Retrospect access DVD-Ram drives through the Operating System - if the Operating System can see the drive, Retrospect should be able to see the drive. What is the Make / Model?

If you put a disk in the drive, can you see it under Configure > Devices?

Hello Amy,

yes my system does see the dvd-ram drive, the drive is a Matshita lf-d310. I can explore the drive through windows explorer. No I cannot see the disc under configure device status, but it does appear under the envoroent tab with a no driver indicator next to it.