Lost Automate Scripts

Efil

I wanted to check out the latest version of Retrospect so I downloaded the 30 day trial version. I currently have Retrospect 5.15 server installed on my computer. After I unstalled the 30 day trial version it asked me for my upgrade registration number. Since I was not trying to upgrade just evaluate for a short time I did not have an upgrade registration number. I basically couldn't use Retrospect. So I uninstalled Retrospect from my computer and reinstalled my Retrospect 5.15 server.

Now all my automated scripts are missing. I tried restoring the c:\program files\dantz\retrospect from a previous backup but that has not returned my old scripts. Is there anyway I can get them back or will I have to rewrite all of them.

All my clients are also missing. Is there a way I can restore them without having to add them all again.

Thanks

Bill

The files you need to restore are called: Config_5.dat and Config_5.bak. You should be able to find them in your backup in the following directory:

c:\Program Files\Dantz\Retrospect

Once restored, close Retrospect and put these files in the above named directory, replacing the existing copies.

Thank you so much for the help.

The strange thing is retrospect does not seem to back up the Config_5.dat file. It does back up the Config_5.bak file though so I restored that one and renamed it to Config_5.dat. Everything has been restored.

Bill

Archived