Backup OS X thru Dave from NT Server?

I just installed Workgroup Backup 5.6 on an NT server and am wondering if there is any way to backup an OS X workstation? I know that there's no OS X client available for download but the Mac is running Thursby's Dave networking software. Is anyone aware of problems backing up through Dave?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply but now have a new question... I can see the Mac (OS X) and the shared folder I want to backup but when I try to add the folder to Retrospect I get a network login window. I've entered just about every "connect as" and "password" combination we use on our machines but I can't seem to get the right one. I get, "error getting volume information". Do you have any idea what password Retrospect is asking for? Is it my OS X username and password or a Dave login password or...well I'm stumped.

The "connect as..." dialog sounds like it's coming from Windows, not Retrospect. In any case, what's being asked for is the username and password that are required to access that share through the network.

Since Dave is in play, that adds another layer to the mystery; ultimately, though, Retrospect is at the mercy of OS/Dave filesharing permissions when it backs up a network share (as opposed to through the Client). I'd just try any login/password combination that share has. An account that has full access to that share, that is. That's about all the help I can provide for this one, as networking through Dave hasn't been put through any kind of formal testing at Dantz.

• 2 years later...