Server wainting forever for client...?

I'm not sure what you mean by the kind of script? I went into AUTOMATE-SCRIPTS and created a backup script.

here is a sample from the log:

+ Retrospect version 5.6.132

Automatically launched at 8/6/2002 10:00 PM

+ Retrospect Driver Update, version 2.6.106

+ Normal backup using Daily BU - 10pm M-Th at 8/6/2002 10:00 PM

To backup set Backup Set B...

- 8/6/2002 10:00:24 PM: Copying System (C:)

8/7/2002 7:00:00 AM: Script execution terminated at specified stop time.

8/7/2002 7:00:00 AM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 170 files, 23.9 MB

Completed: 0 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

Duration: 08:59:36 (08:58:56 idle/loading/preparing)

Oh Great! Hey, thanks for asking me to tell you what the status says... I'm getting prompted for a password. Too bad there was no indication of what the hell was going on in the log files.

Thanks alot!!!!

Christian

Are you sure, then, that you are actually backing up your networked sources through the client interface? The only time Retrospect will ever present a dialog box for a username is when you are configuring an automatic login for a network share (i.e., a mapped drive).

Even then, there is no challenge by Retrospect, as you mention, but that dialog has to be sought out. There simply isn't any mechanism in Retrospect that asks for such information. You are correct in that the Client installation only requires a password to log in.

A lot more detail is going to be required, and questions asked, to isolate the problem(s) you are having, and this web-based forum isn't quite the best method to transmit that kind of information back and forth. I suggest you call Technical Support for some quick, in-depth help. Something may not be configured correctly.

Archived