Exclude folder problem (Mac v 5.0)

Exclude Folder Script Problem in Macintosh single desktop version 5.0.205: When I scripted backup of my 733-mhz Mac G4 harddrive to CD-Rs, using Retrospect 5.0.205 with OS 10.1.5, I selected exclude “folder name” containing “iTunes.” But my new backup set included everything in my iTunes folder. I went back into the script and became more specific: I selected exclude “folder name” containing “iTunes Music,” the biggest subfolder within the iTunes folder. I moved the contents of a subfolder within “iTunes Music” subfolder to another part of that folder. I ran the modified script but the backup set included, not excluded, the changed subfolder within the “iTunes Music” as I specified.

Three Questions:

1. What else do I need to do to exclude the contents of a folder?

2. What does the term “enclosing folder” mean and is that what I should be designating instead of folder?

3. Can one modify a script for a backup set that already exists and then use it when one updates the backup set?

Thanks very much for your thought and time in considering my problem and questions. Please share any counsel you can provide.

Archived