Error -43. Any workaround?

I have an Error-43 (file not found). The manual says i should run a disk utility. I would rather not, since the 2 macs in question are running fine. They have lots of temporary files, (a RIP on one and high-end proofing files on the other). Is there a workaround whereby I can wipe the contents of the backup set, reconfigure, so that Retro isn't looking for a missing file. I'm a little outside my comfort zone in terms of running Disk Utility (I know, I shouldn't be...), Would rather start again and allow things to run their course. Oh, had a second internal HDD added to the machine Retro is running on recently. Could this be implicated? OS 10.3.9

Machine Retro is running on is DP 1GHz G4 running an HQPM RIP. Recently had a 2nd 80 Gb internal added, so that RIP resides on one, and the PageBuffers, or temporary data files get spooled to the other. Haven't got around to backing up since this happened a few weeks ago. This machine also backs up another machine on the network which runs imposition and BlackMagic proofing. Got a feeling that the new drive may be the reason. Time to start moving outside the comfort zone, I think, and start to fiddle around with Configure. I'm backing up to ext laCie FW drive.

I'm assuming at this stage that the error -43 is actually stopping me from successfully launching backup.

sorry about that; should have some time, or will make it, to backtrack it this coming week. Will go for a copy&paste of log or whatever there is to look at. Suspect I"ve also got a knowledge gap in regard to the backups on the 2 apps Macs, 9other machines). Backing up to 2 ext FW drives, which are now full. A bit shaky on how to wipe 1 drive and re-use it. Shall go back to the manual and try and nut it out. Is that what they call a recycle back-up? I'll make it a separate issue/post anyway. thanks

Archived