Execution Incomplete with 10.4.5

I am using a Mac G5 with a LaCie 160 backup. I have had no problems until upgrading to 10.4.5. Now Retrospect 6.1.126 goes through all the motions up to the final screen, then gives me a beep and says "Execution Incomplete" before it even tries to do anything. I can read the the old back up files on the LaCie, but the device does not show up on the devices screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quote:

I can read the the old back up files on the LaCie, but the device does not show up on the devices screen.

What do you mean by this? Are you actually reading files from the disk, or are you viewing the catalogue for the disk? In other words, can you perform a restore using the backup set on the LaCie as the source?

Although the details you have provided are sketchy, it sounds like you may be using the LaCie disk as a Removable Disk backup set, rather than as the destination for a File backup set. If so, be sure that "Use hard drives as removable disks" is selected under Media Handling in Preferences, and that no other files than the destination backup set are on the LaCie drive.

Yes, problem solved. They key was in the Log. Thanks CallMeDave. I went back to the first time I tried it and found a not-enough-memory message.

Mind you I am still confused about how backing up 40 GB of files can fill up a 160 GB back up device.

However, I have solved the problem.

Thanks.

Archived