Greetings,

I'm running Retrospect 4.3 on Mac OS 9.1 and duplicating about 3.2 Gig to an Iomega Peerless. Sure, there are 3,000 folders and some 50,000 files (maybe more), but 13,500 of them are reported by Retrospect as having had an "Execution Error." ??!!%$*!!?

Now, I've run TechTool on the hard drive and everything's fine with all the files. TechTool (most recent version), however, does not even acknowledge the existence of the Peerless drive, though it picks up the Zip 100 drive just fine, so I can't run it on those "Execution Errors." All 13,500 of them.

Is there something at issue here, an incompatibility between Retrospect 4.3 and Mac 9.1, or perhaps a known issue with the Iomega Peerless drive????

Please let me hear from you directly if you have any insight. Thanks.

regards,

stevenjs@mindspring.com

Are the files all OS 9 files or are there also OS X files? With 50,000 files is sounds like you may have a dual-boot system. Retrospect 4.3 cannot properly backup or duplicate OS X files.

What errors specifically are you getting? Your operations log will be able to provide more detailed information as to why the files are not getting copied properly.

Archived