Backup email

kitty

How do I get Retrospect to backup my emails. It will backup my entire document folder but cannot find my Outlook Express. I can copy the messages manually using My computer but when I use Retrospect, I get the message that it can't locate them or it will copy the folder but the folder then contains no data.......HELP!

• 8 months later...

Actually, I was about to post a similar question but saw this one. Do I (we) just search for .dbx files?

I had to do a disaster recovery last weekend. All went well, but my Outlook Express accounts and folders were not restored. How do I recover those? I tend to purchase software and updates via internet, and one of my folders has purchase receipts with Prodouct IDs and Licensing keys, etc.

Quote:

It will backup my entire document folder but cannot find my Outlook Express. I can copy the messages manually using My computer but when I use Retrospect, I get the message that it can't locate them or it will copy the folder but the folder then contains no data.......HELP!

Can you be more specific about the backup that you're doing? Outlook Express does not store email in the My Documents folder. If you're doing a full system backup, your Outlook folders/files will be backed up. The following website has great information on Outlook Express (including where the mail files are stored):

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/index.htm

If you are backing up individual folders (vs. the entire drive) you'll need to make sure you're backing up the correct folder which contains your mail.

Archived