Mojave, unable to backup consistently due to Full Disk Acces but it is.

Hi,

I'm running Retrospect server 16.6.0.114 with 12 Retrospect clients 16.5.1.104. All, server and clients, are running MacOS 10.14.6

All clients have Full Disk Access set in preferences for "Retrospect Client.app" and for "RetrospectInstantScan.app"

Instant San is disable for all clients.

Usually I can backup firs time all clients, but the next incremental back can fail with an error message regarding Full Disk Access problems in some clients.

"Retrospect has detected it is not listed under "Full Disk Access" on the backup source system and cannot access all user data to create a complete backup. Please follow our step-by-step guide: https://www.retrospect.com/kb/macos_full_disk_access."

The curious thing is that Retrospect was able to backup the client one day before but next day it can't and perhaps the next one it can backup all client data, so you don't get consistent backups.

This happens with some clients. Other clients backups consistently without errors all days.

With error prone clients, I have uninstalled Retrospect client, installed again and add  "Retrospect Client.app", "RetrospectInstantScan.app" to Full Disk Access again, but with the same result: Retrospect can't backup this client consistently.

All clients have AFPS formatted disk, all are verified with Disk Utility and are reported as OK. All clients have basically the same software because are cloned and don't have significant differences between them.

Not sure if the problem is with Retrospect or with MacOS 10.14.6

Any advice will be wellcome.

xavierbt,

Sorry, but if I'm correct this may cost you some money.  The cumulative Retrospect Mac Release Notes show, for both  😮 17.5.2 and 18.0, "Console: Fixed issue where Full Disk Access alert was incorrectly displayed when certain custom options were set (#9169)".  I'd check with Retrospect (European?) Tech Support before upgrading to version 18, because from the cumulative Release Notes that still seems IMHO to be "a work in progress".

The "when certain custom options are set" part of the release note raises questions because, as you say in the OP, "All clients have basically the same software because are cloned and don't have significant differences between them."  So that's a puzzler.