Email notifications won't work. Can't change SSL ports in Retrospect

Hello,

My email provider requires port 2525 be used for SMTP SSL. Unfortunately Retrospect provides no email control other than a username and password. SoftRAID; another Mac product from the 1990s that is making a comeback, provides all of the modern day email support one needs. Why not Retrospect?

5 hours ago, organisum said:

Hello,

My email provider requires port 2525 be used for SMTP SSL. Unfortunately Retrospect provides no email control other than a username and password. SoftRAID; another Mac product from the 1990s that is making a comeback, provides all of the modern day email support one needs. Why not Retrospect?

organisum,

I guess it's time to tell you to "RTFM".:rolleyes:  Pages 158-160 of the Retrospect 15 Mac User's Guide provide complete "Email Preferences" instructions, including an "Outgoing mail server" paragraph that tells you how to specify the TCP/IP port—using an SMTP server as an example.  I found this by the extremely secret technique of doing a browser search of the UG for "email"; it showed up as the second such occurrence in the Table of Contents.  The same paragraph is in the UG  for Retrospect Mac 12, in case you're not running the latest version—which BTW you didn't specify.

Doing the same browser search in the Knowledge Base turns up this article, which says "you will need to include a platform-specific port after the SMTP server name" in the first paragraph and has a "Port Configuration" section.  That article appears to have been updated for the "... Supports SSL" checkbox—which BTW is not mentioned to this day in the UG :( but which defaults to checked—in connection with the release of Retrospect Mac 12.  However the "Troubleshooting" section has been updated in connection with the release of Retrospect 15, which explains why the current version of the article is dated 15 May 2018.  This OP in another thread may explain why the KB article was updated.