T-7: MapError: unknown Windows error -1,017

ckmcdonald

I'm running Pro v7.7.62 on an Win7 machine.  The nightly sessions back up the machine the host is running on (Win7) and a laptop in our home domain (via WiFi) that's running Win10.

I started getting this error message when we upgraded the laptop to Win10.

T-7: MapError: unknown Windows error -1,017
        T-7: VssWAddComponentToSnapshot: UGetComponentInfo failed., osErr -1017, error -1001

The backup "appears" to complete normally, but it makes we wonder if it really is.

Can anyone tell me what problem this message is referring to and how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Calvin

If you look at this post,  ckmcdonald, you'll find that Retrospect 7.7 does not support Windows 10.  Mayoff has spoken on this subject, and he's the Worldwide Mgr. of Support for Retrospect Inc..  If he were not so busy (I think A. no longer works there), Mayoff would have already have told you that himself.  The post linked to in the first sentence of this paragraph says a -1001 error was fixed in Retrospect Windows 9.5.

You'll find that the Advanced Search facility in these forums is your friend, ckmcdonald.  You can get to it by clicking the little gear icon at the upper-right of forum pages, level with "IPS Community" on the upper-left.  I found the post I have linked to in the first sentence of this post by enclosing "-1001" in quotes (so it will treat the minus sign as part of the error code) in the Find Words box.  I then specified Windows Products—Retrospect in the Find In Forum list box.

HTH.