necoSoccTimer and UAllowSystemSleepAgain

I was adding a driver to support an 3/4 expresscard SATA port multiplier on our MacBook Pro Retrospect Server.  After installing the driver I was asked to reboot.  I installed this driver at 6PM.  Now when I open Retrospect I see in the log there was this statement at 4:17PM.  Now my media set is visible but it contains zero of the 8 or so members that were there yesterday.  The catalog is 3.13GB in size.

7/19/16 4:17:45 PM: Compressing catalog file
    7/19/16 4:17:52 PM: Compressing catalog file
  necoSoccTimer: connection failed (idle 301 seconds)
    UAllowSystemSleepAgain: IOPMAssertionRelease failed, err = -536,870,208

Exit at 7/19/16 6:02:55 PM

E-mail notification failed: error -597 (mail server not found)

NetRespTop::nereCreateClientFromNode: Importing client 'Quickbooks-PC' (11.0.0 (252))
  NetRespTop::nereCreateClientFromNode: Importing client 'VOIP' (11.0.0 (252))
  NetRespTop::nereCreateClientFromNode: Importing client 'Laptop' (11.0.0 (252))
  NetRespTop::nereCreateClientFromNode: Importing client 'MS-Project-PC' (11.0.0 (252))

Each time I restart the computer now , Retrospect logs

+  Retrospect version 13.0.1.106
  Launched at 7/20/16 10:10:46 AM

UAllowSystemSleepAgain: IOPMAssertionRelease failed, err = -536,870,208

Exit at 7/20/16 10:25:30 AM

E-mail notification failed: error -597 (mail server not found)

+  Retrospect version 13.0.1.106
  Launched at 7/20/16 10:25:58 AM

I get the launch email but not the exit email.  Is this a retrospect issue or a Mac OS X 10.6.8 issue?  I am on hold for tech support but thought I would post this here as well.

Thanks for any knowledge you can provide.

Paul

OK, so tech support suggested that I rebuild the catalog file.  I copied all of the members of the media set to a single hard drive for hopefully an easier rebuld.  If I understood correctly from tech support, the folder structure should look like this:

6TB

-Retrospect

--03-01-16

---1-03-01-16

---2-03-01-16 up to

---8-03-01-16

When I choose rebuild and select disk, it asks to add members.  I point to the Retrospect folder and it replies with the name of the script not encrypted.  It then asks me where I want to save the rebuilt catalog to.  Regardless of where I save it to, I get a message indicating that this is an existing media set, ok to replace?  My only choice forward is to choose Rebuild.  When I do that, I get a catalog file called 01-16 and it is empty and no disk activity ever takes place.  Log file looks like this:

+  Executing Rebuild at 7/22/16, 3:51:49 PM (Activity Thread 2)
    To Backup Set 01-16...
    Using thorough rebuild
    7/22/16 3:51:51 PM: Finished scanning backup set data files
    7/22/16 3:51:51 PM: Execution completed successfully

I have gone ahead and created a new media set in the meantime so I can continue backing up new data but I would like to resume this media set if I can.

Any suggestions as to what my next step might be?

Thanks,

Paul

If you are using Retrospect 13 a catalog rebuild behaves in a different way than before. Along with the .RDB files on the backup media there will be some .SESSION files. To speed up the rebuild Retrospect uses the .SESSION files to rebuild the catalog instead of sequentialy reading the .RDB files.

If you want to force Retrospect 13 to rebuild the catalog by reading the .RDB files then the .SESSION files will need to be deleted before you start the rebuild process. (The .SESSION files will be recreated during the rebuild.)

Even after removing the .session files from each of the members folders, the result is still the same.  I click rebuild, get an empty catalog file, and no disk access ever takes place.  At this point since Retrospect is the only thing corrupted and not any production servers, I am simply starting over at this point.  Will implement the duplicating of the catalog file during an idle time to have a duplicate in case of future corruption.

I'm wondering if you've found a bug in Retrospect.

I think your catalog file should be called '03-01-16' from the folder structure on the 6TB disk as listed below:

/Retrospect
           /03-01-16
                    /1-03-01-16
                    /2-03-01-16
                    /3-03-01-16
                    /4-03-01-16
                    /5-03-01-16
                    /6-03-01-16
                    /7-03-01-16
                    /8-03-01-16

But the log extract you posted reports the catalog name as '01-16'. A catalog named '01-16' would be looking for the folder structure below: 

/Retrospect
           /03-01-16
                    /1-01-16
                    /2-01-16
                    /3-01-16
                    /4-01-16
                    /5-01-16
                    /6-01-16
                    /7-01-16
                    /8-01-16

As this folder structure does not exist on the disk then the catalog will be empty. Why Retrospect is using the wrong name I don't know. It must have allowed you to use the name '03-01-16' when the media set was created but there must be something about that name that causes the rebuild to use another name.