Hi all, I have retrospect 6 on a mac that inturn backs-up several other macs. Everything was fine for a couple of months but now the back-up starts to run gets to the first mac that has 5GB to back up and asks for a 2nd/new back up disk. The disks are 50GB and set to compress so should give about 130GB, there is no where near this much info to back up. So why wont it work? Is the disk full and is not erasing items that are no longer on the macs, so that the disk is full of old stuff? We work that we have 5 disks one for each weekday and that gets over written each week. I thought it erased anything that was not currently on the macs so the back up is always the same as on the macs. Any ideas anyone? Is there a button i should have pressed?

I think that makes sense.

Thanks

Lee

Quote:

I thought it erased anything that was not currently on the macs so the back up is always the same as on the macs.

Retrospect never erases anything from a Backup Set unless you specificaly tell it to.

I'd suggest reading the Users Guide and get a feal for what Normal backups do, and how they keep Snapshots of the current data to provide accurate Restores.

In order to erase existing data from a Backup Set you'll probably need to have Retrospect do a "Recycle" operation. It's all laid out in the documentation.

Dave

Archived