Jump to content

Some problems with version 9.01

Recommended Posts

I just wanted to report on some problems that have occurred since we upgraded to 9.01.


1. Grooming   This weekend we groomed about 20 backup sets. This usually went normally in version 8.5. But in this case 4 of them failed. The error said we needed to rebuild the catalog. Yet when I did a simple repair there were no errors. In two cases, even after rebuilding the catalog the grooming failed.


2. Transferring Backup Snapshots   The counter on the number of snapshots to do never updates. I am running one now and after 12 hours it still says it is doing 1 of 232. Several other transfers I did this weekend were still on '1' when they finished. In addition the speed seems extraordinarily slow. In the past these transfers would run at from 700M/s to 2400M/s. The one I am presently running is going at 4M/s


3. Transferring SQL snapshots    For our offsite backup we normally transfer the most recent snapshot to an external disk which is then stored in a bank vault. When transferring backup snapshots none of the SQL backups will copy. I have been forced to do a separate backup of those SQL databases to the offsite disk which is a nuisance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...