Cannot save rule updates

wdroome

The problem: Retro will not let me save rule updates. I get the rule-update screen, and I can add items to the list, but "SAVE" is greyed out. The problem is related to how I log in.

Retro  10.5.0 (145), MacOSX 10.9.1, macbook pro.

It's a single-computer backup setup -- the retro server and client run on the same laptop.

I use two "Disk Media" backup sets, on two different external drives, in two locations.

Background: when the laptop was new, I created a backup admin login, "xadmin", and used that to install Retro and setup my rules. I later created my normal login, "wdr", using migration assistant, and I use that for most work. "wdr" has admin privileges.

If I restart the laptop and login as "xadmin", I can update rules. But if I do anything else, I cannot. Specifically, if I restart and login as "wdr", I cannot update rules. If I then logout "wdr" and login "xadmin", I cannot still update rules. So it's not just that I have to be "xadmin" to edit rules; it's more that if I ever login as any other user, it somehow poisons the pool and that persists until I reboot.

Other than that, retro seems to work fine.