denniskane Posted June 4, 2002 Report Share Posted June 4, 2002 I've been using a VXA autopak for 9 months or so without a hitch. Backing up and restoring my clients with no problems - somewhere in the 5-30 MB/min range over the network. Today, I tried doing a restore and got the abdominal speed of less than 0.1 MB/min. Today's restore used 7 hours to restore about 40 MB before I killed it. Thought that it might be the network, so I tried disconnecting the network and restoring to a local firewire drive. I got the same surprisingly low speed. No idea what's going on, but I could swear that I don't hear the tape fast forwarding. Could be that the first tape in the set is defective. Just tried cleaning the drive and starting another run. If that doesn't work, guess that I'll try another data set. Here are the stats - Running Mac OS 9.1 on a beige G3 tower Retrospect 4.3 at 40 Meg of memory Catalog is pretty big, about 800 MB for 34 VXA 33/66 tapes. I am open to suggestions and WAG's. Thanks. Dennis Kane Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.