Engine repeatedly crashing after 10.5 update?

Hey Everyone--

I hadn't checked in a while, but was excited to see the 10.5 release available when I got the notice today. I've installed it on one server, but after drag-copying the Console and letting it run the included Engine updater, I'm seeing repeated, failed attempts to launch the engine on that machine, even after a restart. Here's what the log shows:

Oct  3 15:37:39 mail2 com.retrospect.retroengine[1837]: #2> Command line is /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/RetroEngine
Oct  3 15:37:39 mail2 com.retrospect.retroengine[1837]: #3> LmGet: ndex = 20, zero offset
Oct  3 15:37:39 mail2 com.retrospect.retroengine[1837]: Assertion failure at "elem.cpp-1145", on threadID 0x10360D000
Oct  3 15:37:39 mail2 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.retrospect.retroengine[1837]): Exited with exit code: 255
Oct  3 15:37:39 mail2 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.retrospect.retroengine): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

This is on a Mac mini running Snow Leopard Server. Anyone seen this or have any idea what this might be about?

Thanks,

Fred

• Like 1

Got this resolved. For anyone else encountering this, it appears to have been that my Config80.dat file got corrupted during the update process. When I looked in the Application Support folder, I noticed that the Config80.dat file was about 45MB while the Config80.bak file was only about 23MB. So, I removed the corrupted Config80.dat file and restarted RetroEngine, letting it make a new one from the .bak file.

HTH,

Fred

... I noticed that the Config80.dat file was about 45MB while the Config80.bak file was only about 23MB. So, I removed the corrupted Config80.dat file and restarted RetroEngine, letting it make a new one from the .bak file.

It's normal for the Config80.dat to be larger than the Config80.bak file. The fact that the Config80.dat file is larger not in itself a sign that the file is corrupted. It may be corrupted, but the size difference doesn't tell you anything about that.

My Config80.dat is 20MB, my Config80.bak is 7MB, and I have no problems with Retrospect 10.5.