Proactive Backup to multiple Media Sets

I noticed that Proactive Backup to multiple media sets does not not seem to reliably backup to both sets. According to the manual table (attached) the backup should occur to "any connected media set" which implies that multiple media sets will "automagically rotate" as opposed to filled first in a standard backup (the standard backup is defined pretty clearly).

There is not much discussion as to the exact method of media set rotation, in the case where multiple media sets are used, either in the User Manual for 10.1 or elsewhere on the Forum that I can find. An example of my setting is attached.

• How do the sets alternate?
  • Clearly, the User Manual states that for a Proactive Backup they do somehow alternate. How, when, and under what limitations is unclear. So far, in my 10 backups, only the first Media Set is being used in Proactive Backup. I had seeded the second drive with a standard backup when recycling the media.
  • Do you know any more details?

post-45724-0-98473500-1365426960_thumb.png

post-45724-0-34674900-1365427169_thumb.png

Have any of your source volumes been backed up more than once? If you go to the Activities> Proactive window, are any of your sources scheduled to back up to your second media set?

In Retro 6, the User's Guide said that proactive (they were then called "Backup Server") backups would access sources and backup/media sets on a "least recent" basis, and in my experience, this rotation was actually carried out. In Retro 8/9/10, the rotation seems a bit less predictable, but our proactive backups do rotate through all media sets eventually.

• Like 1