Can't get Retrospect to backup - tried everything - Scanning incomplete, error -1100 ( invalid handle)

After a scan of my hard drive has happened it proceeds to executing and I constantly get back, as in the pictures attached an red X and incomplete execution. The log file reports:

Scanning incomplete, error -1100 ( invalid handle)

I’ve tried everything. I’ve run verify disk and repair disk, volume rebuild from Techtools Pro and found all the corrupted files and deleted them and finally I’ve run the power house of the bunch Disk Warrior. The machine is running perfectly fine and all my other backup tools seem to be working just fine.

In actuality, I’ve never had a problem with Retrospect like this before except where I’ve made an error with my backup media set. I’ve tried three different targets for backup and neither of them make a difference. I’ve tried just backing up the user folder instead of the entire HD and this doesn’t make any difference at all.

I’ve even talked to Retrospect support and they’re stumped.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this. I’m just determined to get it going whether I need it or not but I’ve used it for ten years simply at 3 am so its never interfere with anything I do. It just runs quietly in background till now. Now, its consumed tons of time trying to get it going.

Oh and I have the latest revision of Retrospect 10.1 and for that matter everything else.

HELP!!!!!!!