Execute a non-Retrospect script at the completion of a backup script?

I apologize if I am repeating a previously asked question. I am using Retrospect 10.0.1 on a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.2). Is it possible for a Retrospect backup script to run an Applescript or a Unix shell script programatically at the completion of the backup script? Alternatively, how can I tell programatically when a Retrospect backup script has completed execution? Is there some signal that could be monitored by an Applescript or a Unix shell script that would indicate completion of the backup script? I ask because I run a backup script every day at 3AM and would like to do some non-Retrospect cleanup tasks at the completion of each backup.

• Like 1

Thank you for that suggestion. It certainly would work. It would be nice if one could directly run a script, along the lines of "run Applescript ..." or "run shell script ...", at the completion of a Retrospect script execution, but that feature evidently is not currently available.

... It would be nice if one could directly run a script, along the lines of "run Applescript ..." or "run shell script ...", at the completion of a Retrospect script execution ...

Not forgetting "run VB script" or "run Windows shell script (shudder)" for Retrospect on Windows.

The advantage of the email approach is that no new mechanism is needed, though it means having to run a local mail server and configure it.

• Like 1