Retrospect 10.0.1 update — did not update engine, no clear way to do so

AntonRang

After installing the 10.0.1 update, I expected the console would give me the chance to update the server. It did warn me that I had media sets that might be affected by the AES bug (at least on the first run), but there was no update prompt.

I thought that perhaps 10.0.1 was only a console update, but I installed it on a test system which had never seen Retrospect, and it installed the 10.0.1 engine.

I finally gave up and ran the installer manually using the package found within the Retrospect app.

I would have expected

(a) A warning that the server I was connecting to was outdated;

(B) A chance to automatically update it (at least when it was on the local machine);

I guess I could have downloaded the whole DMG and installed that way (presumably?), but that seemed like overkill given that the console already has a copy of the engine embedded.

Am I missing something obvious? (Or not so obvious?)

Run the console a second time. There's a (bad) bug in the 10.0.1update in that the notification of the AES problem stops the notification of the Engine update. When you run the console the second time, it will prompt about the engine needing to be updated.

(Somebody should have caught this one...)