Moving old storage sets to Amazon Glacier

I want to move some of our storage sets to the Amazon Glacier cloud. For the last 15 years we've sent our back up to AIT tapes using Retrospect 6. We used SDX1 tapes till about 3 years ago and then switched to SDX3. Starting in October of this year, we upgraded to Retrospect 9 and started backing up to a partition on our server.

I want to know how I can find out the size of a storage set without retrieving all of the data first. It's pretty simple in Retrospect 9 but on our older system running version 6 I've not been able to figure that out. I thought I'd be smart and try to add the old storage sets in the new Retrospect but when I go their location I can't see them.

Thank you!

In Retro 6, go to Configure> Backup Sets> Configure Your_backup_set. The Summary page will show the size of the backup set.

You will not be able to view Retro 6 backup set catalogs in Retro 9. Retro 9 can restore Retro 6 backup data, but it needs to rebuild an entire Retro 9 catalog from the Retro 6 media, which, of course, requires reading all the data.

• 5 weeks later...

Well it's the new year so I'm now actually ready to move some of these files to the cloud. I'm using Arq to transfer the storage sets since Amazon does offer a WebDav component.

We archive our production files quarterly using four storage sets for the year. When I looked in to the backup folder for the 4th quarter I was expecting to to see a record/file for each days backup but evidently it does something different. There are 1360 records/files for the 4th quarter. I guess there's not a real reason I have know this but why are there so many records? The overall size at just over 500MB for the quarter is accurate but I was shocked at the number of records.

Thanks!