Full Daily backups

I am new to retrospect and was after a strategy for a backup procedure I wish to use. I want to do a daily Mon-Fri full backup up i.e backup all files each night not incrementally. I would also like retrospect to automatically overwrite the media. Currently I have set up a script that runs this and have set it to recycle. Does this mean that I can only ever restore from the evening before?

I am running Retrospect 4.3 on a Mac G3 running OS9.

Thanx for any help

Mark

Mark,

As far as I understand it, using recycle backup will overwrite previously backed up files leaving you with only the files backed up during your last backup session.

What you could do is to use a different tape (or whatever media you're backing up to) for each day of the week and then create scripts scheduled to run only once a week on different days. I.e. you have a tape and a script for the monday backup, another tape and script for tuesday and so on, that way you can restore files up to four days old.

I do a full backup on mondays and then incremental backup the rest of the week and have three different scripts and tapes that I use. That way I can access files that are up to three weeks old in case I need to.

Archived