Lost scripts and media sets after a restart

Lost all my scripts and media sets after having to restart my machine (G5 Pro 10.6.8). I am not very savy in Retrospect by all means and I have no idea how get this back up and running. I have remade my script but I can't seem to see the server that gets backed up but I can see the drives that the back up goes to. I also cannot see that drive to retrieve any of my backed up files from. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

Lost all my scripts and media sets after having to restart my machine (G5 Pro 10.6.8).

This information is stored in a file named Config80.dat, located at /Library/Application Support/Retrospect. Your experience suggests that this file was damaged during the reboot. Did you need to re-enter your license code?

I have remade my script but I can't seem to see the server that gets backed up but I can see the drives that the back up goes to.

This is a little confusing. Is the "server that gets backed up" a client machine, with Retrospect Client software installed?

Retrospect does not back up to drives; it backs up to Media Sets, which may be located on a hard drive volume. Are you saying you can see the volumes in the Sources window? Can you also access the Media Sets using the Add or Locate buttons in the Media Sets window?

I also cannot see that drive to retrieve any of my backed up files from.

This seems to contradict what you just said. Do you mean you can see the volume but can't retrieve from it?

If you lost only part of your configuration information (say, scripts but not your license code) during that reboot incident, it may be that your Config80.dat file is corrupt. Ideally. you would have made a backup copy of this file so you could replace the corrupt version with a good backup copy. I'll assume you didn't, in which case I'd recommend starting with a clean configuration.

To do this, first quit the Retrospect console app and stop the Retrospect engine in System Preferences. Then, drag the files Config80.dat and Config80.bak from /Library/Application Support/Retrospect to the desktop (in case you should ever want to use these files at some later date). Start the engine and relaunch the Retrospect console. You'll need to re-enter your license code, scripts, and rules, and add back your media sets and client sources.