Slow Restore Window In Version 9

hvar

I have one version 8 running and I installed version 9 on another test mac. They are roughly the same configuration. Mac Pro on OS 10.6, Quad-core, 7GB RAM. On the Retrospect 9 Mac restoring files are extremly slow. If I click on the Restore icon I get:

Retrospect 8: it will after some seconds (or a minute) display the window where I can configure my search. I can search and restore my files within i timeframe of 5 minutes.

Retrospec 9: It gives no visual info, but looking at the Activity monitor the RetroEngine is charging one core of the CPU at full speed for TWO HOURS before it even displays the selection window. When the window finally arrives I can setup my search and get my files back in some minutes.

Why the two hour wait do display an empty window? Is this on my Mac only, or is this a version 9 thing?

edit: there are no running backups or other activity going on.

Edited by hvar

Guest Steve Maser

This is a bug in 9.0. I believe they are working on a fix for this that will (hopefully) be released soon. Pester Retrospect support about this one and hopefully they'll release the fix sooner than later.

This is a bug in 9.0. I believe they are working on a fix for this that will (hopefully) be released soon. Pester Retrospect support about this one and hopefully they'll release the fix sooner than later.

Thanks for the update.

edit: got this from support: This problem will be corrected in the next update which we're expecting to be available in just a few weeks. Our apologies for the delay but we have reproduced this issue and know what's causing it. Thank you for contacting Retrospect technical support.

----------

Hey guys - did anyone remember to check if the big button on the main page called Restore actually works? Nah!

Edited by hvar