Can't Access Media Set

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone can help me out with a problem that has manifested itself. I created a script to back up my Audio drive (i run a recording studio), and it was doing it daily for 6 months. Then it stopped executing properly about a month ago. I didn't notice as it works in the background, but for the past month the log for each attempted backup reports the following message:

Can't access Media Set Audio, error -1101 ( file/directory not found)

I've tried repairing the Media Set but nothing seems to happen.

If anyone could help, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers

Phil

I didn't notice as it works in the background, but for the past month the log for each attempted backup reports the following message:

Can't access Media Set Audio, error -1101 ( file/directory not found)

In my experience, this can happen for a couple of reasons: the Retrospect engine has lost track of the media set's catalog or the catalog has been corrupted.

Try going to the Media Sets window in the Retrospect console and see if any data is displayed for media set "Audio." If data is missing, click on "Locate" and navigate to the location of the media set's catalog. After doing so, you may need to quit and relaunch the console to get it to populate with the updated information. Even if the information is not displayed at this point, try running a small test backup, as the engine may now know about the catalog but not be communicating that fact to the console (communication problems between the engine and console is a known issue in Retro 8.2). If you still can't back up, try stopping and restarting the engine and, if necessary, going through the locate process once again.

If all the above fails, the catalog is likely corrupt and will need to be rebuilt. (Note that the catalog "repair" you attempted earlier is kind of a misnomer; it's really only an updating process that adds file listings to the catalog in those cases where the files were actually backed up to the media set but due to some interruption or error, didn't get listed in the catalog. It won't resolve any corruption issues.)