10.7.1 And Error -519

Guest kleeberg

Guest kleeberg

Since upgrading my new Macbook Air (with thunderbolt) to 10.7.1, I started to consistently get a -519 error. Am on a wireless network. Here is the log:

- 8/24/11 11:01:50 PM: Copying AirBook SSD on Paul's AirBook

8/24/11 11:55:59 PM: Snapshot stored, 325.8 MB

8/24/11 11:56:22 PM: Comparing AirBook SSD on Paul's AirBook

> !Can't initialize source, error -519 ( network communication failed)

8/24/11 11:56:38 PM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 1483 files, 541.7 MB

Completed: 0 files, 0 B, with 35% compression

Performance: 119.5 MB/minute (127.4 copy, 0 compare)

Duration: 00:54:32 (00:50:16 idle/loading/preparing)

So it seems to fail midstream. Reporting in case this is a known issue. Had a similar problem with an older macbook air for a while so used a wired connection but then the problem appeared to resolve. None of the other Lion 10.7.1 macs (all wired) appear to have the issue.

Interestingly, the entire drive was able to backup on the same wireless connection without an error on 10.7

Suggestions? Known issue?

Guest kleeberg

Thanks. I saw the article. Did not scroll down to see the known issues. Did this time and did not see it there.

I was incorrect to say it happened after installing 10.7.1. After reviewing the log files, I see I installed 10.7.1 on 8/17. Migrated the Retrospect engine to a new 10.7.1 mini server on Aug 20th and I had two successful backups on 10.7.1, one 58GB and the next night 345 MB on this same machine. So it is not 10.7.1. Other wired 10.7.1 and 10.6.8 macs back up fine. Network configuration was not changed. Fixed IP over a wireless network. I will assume it is the network and do what I can to resolve that. Failing that, I will use the USB ethernet adapter.

Thanks again for your help. If I have any insights, I will post them here.

Paul