Mac Console Messages--Significant Issue Or Not?

I was in the Mac Console utility looking for something else in the console message log, when I noted the following sequence of entries appearing every few seconds:

3/18/11 9:36:49 AM com.roxio.RetroEngine[52419] #2> MapError: unknown Mac error 22

3/18/11 9:36:49 AM com.roxio.RetroEngine[52419] #2> TVol::GetInfo: UGetVolumeInformation failed, /private/tmp/UpdateEngine-mount.ncivOBXuh0/, oserr 22, error -1002

The Retrospect Console was not running at the time, but when I launched it, everything seemed normal (or at least as normal as Retro 8.2 ever gets), and I saw that last night's scripts had all completed successfully.

I quit the Retrospect Console and stopped the Engine, which generated the following messages in Mac Console:

3/18/11 9:37:31 AM [0x0-0xaf4af4].com.apple.systempreferences[74805] 2011-03-18 09:37:31.547 Retrospect[74826:e0b] Retro Prefs Pane Helper: stop_server

3/18/11 9:37:31 AM [0x0-0xaf4af4].com.apple.systempreferences[74805] launchctl: Error unloading: com.roxio.RetroEngine

When I restarted the Engine, there were no more error messages.

I haven't seen this before, but then again I'm not typically viewing Mac Console logs.

Anybody else seen anything like this, or willing to hazard a guess as to its potential significance (or insignificance)?

• 1 year later...

i am seeing this same issue and would love to know the cause. i get the same pair of error message, except in my case, the path in the TVol::GetInfo error message is /private/var/folders/Sw/.../-Tmp/FPInstallMountPoint (with the ... replaced by a fairly long random-looking string, probably a hash of a uid or something).

these are repeating about every 3 seconds in my case. since it looks like a problem with a temp file, my first thought was to just quit the program, clear out the entire temp directory and then restart, however i have a (long) groom operation currently in progress. so by now i've got hundreds of thousands of these pairs of lines in system.log