how to I script the Export of backup set file list to a database

I have a large number of archived backup sets, generally 1-2 tapes each. I would like to import all the backed up files, their directory location, size, file date, etc., into an Access database.

How can I script that procedure? So far, I have been exporting the contents of each archive session (from the .rbc files) into comma-delimited file, and then importing that file into Access, all manually. This approach does not scale well frown.gif and I need something more automatic.

I'm open to use of any scripting or other tools that are available on Windows XP.

I have read the product manual and it does not seem to cover this situation (or maybe I missed the significance of what I was reading smile.gif

Retrospect 7.0, but willing to upgrade to 7.5 if necessary.

Thanks

Philx509

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

I have a large number of archived backup sets, generally 1-2 tapes each. I would like to import all the backed up files, their directory location, size, file date, etc., into an Access database.

How can I script that procedure? So far, I have been exporting the contents of each archive session (from the .rbc files) into comma-delimited file, and then importing that file into Access, all manually. This approach does not scale well
frown.gif
and I need something more automatic.

I'm open to use of any scripting or other tools that are available on Windows XP.

I have read the product manual and it does not seem to cover this situation (or maybe I missed the significance of what I was reading
smile.gif

Retrospect 7.0, but willing to upgrade to 7.5 if necessary.

Thanks

Philx509

Can anyone frown.gif help me here? Or am I asking for "the Impossible Dream?" frown.gif

Archived