Error -523 Windows backing up windows

timbarnes

I have had backups working between my Windows laptop and workstation over a wireless connection (also successfully backing up a Mac laptop). I am using the latest release7.5.285.

I am getting the following error messages in the log - the client machine is visible on the network, and the client says it's connected. Any ideas? I have not made any changes to the installation of Retrospect, or to my router or the laptop concerned (so far as I am aware)...

Thanks,

tim

+ Normal backup using xs at 06/07/2006 18:00

To Backup Set Backup Set A...

ncwnLoaderDLTask: service file "bdrock20.pds" download failed, error -523 (service transaction error)

Can't access volume Acer (C:) on xs, error -523 (service transaction error)

ncwnLoaderDLTask: service file "bdrock20.pds" download failed, error -523 (service transaction error)

Can't access volume Acerdata (D:) on xs, error -523 (service transaction error)

06/07/2006 18:00:11: Execution incomplete

Hi,

I would recommend uninstalling the current client installation, reboot, install the latest client version and reboot again.

Be sure to forget and re-add the client into your Client Database as well.

"bdrock20.pds" is the downloadable service that Retrospect uses to communicate between the client and the server and it appears to be corrupted or running an older version.

Thank you. In the meantime my main disk failed, and I have been busy replacing it and recovering my system. In this process, the affected client is now up and running again - although all the changes I made were on the backup server.

In any case, I do appreciate your help.

Archived