Recatalog multiple folders (members) in backup set

Wilsonld

I am using Retrospect Express 6.5 on Windows XP Home SP2. My hard drive failed and I am attempting to rebuild the catalog.

My problem is that the catalog rebuild is only including some of the files on my backup drive. All my recent sesssions are not included in the new catalog.

I think my problem stems from the file structure on the backup disk. It is as follows:

F:\Retrospect

\Backup Set B

\1-Backup Set B

Files: AA000000.RDB 12/27/2005 to

AA000321RDB 4/2/2006

\Retrospect

\Backup Set B

\2-Backup Set B

Files: AA000322.RDB 4/2/2006 to

AA000421.RDB 6/18/2006

\Retrospect

\Backup Set B

\2-Backup Set B

\Retrospect

\Backup Set B

\2-Backup Set B

As I mentioned, it seems to be cataloging only the files through 4/2/2006, although my actual data files are being restored only through 12/27/2005. How do I get the other file information into the catalog (files AA000322 through AA000421)? Do I move the files into the first directory along with AA000000 to AA000321 or is there something else I can try? I have rebuilt the catalog several times now and I always get the same result.

Because HTML strips the spaces, this post will not show the indents on the folder structure and it may be somewhat confusing. I have a text file that shows the tree structure a little bit more clearly. I haven't figured out how to attach a file to this post, but I can e-mail it if anyone is interested.

I would be happy to get any advice on this.

I have tried it both ways, with all disks and last disk. When I tried it with all disks it prompted me with "are there more disks". I responded yes but I was only able to select the F disk and maybe get one folder lower if I selected a subvolume.

I have had success! I moved both sets of rcb files into the root directory on my external backup drive. I then recreated the catelog and it got all the up to date files through June 18. Thank goodness!

I would still be interested in what I was doing wrong because my problem caused me to loose a lot of time in restoring my backup and I was also worried for a couple days that I had lost six months of data. I am happy that I have it now, but I am not happy that the restore process didn't go well.

Archived