Can't find comprehensive path/update revision list

I must be looking in all the wrong places. I have yet to find a common repository of all product patches and updates with a comprehen list of revisions. I did see this only for a major update at EMC but, even then, it only new features with the "bugs fixed" list being all of one line!

Eg, I don't see any list of all the fixes in the recent 7.5 Client patch. It was only via messages form others in this conference that it was "suggested" that it might fix the problem. I cannot find any detailed official bug fix list at the EMC site for example. I find this to be a very serious omission since the client speed problem effectively disabled client backups. Retro software maintenance is much more difficult than it needs to be. EMC needs to have a comprehensive update/patch info library at their download location.

Each and every patch or update needs to the following items fully explained in clear and a consistent manner:

- applicable product line / OS

- applicable product version

- short summary description of update/patch

- severity of need to implement (optional, suggested, critical)

- update/fix file name

- update/fix type (upgrade, patch, plugon in, etc)

- update/fix revision

- update/fix release date

- very detailed list of all feature and ALL bug fixs

- detailed installation instructions and implications for each item

Heck, we do this for freeware. I'd expect far more for a professional product from a great company that has the foresight to be located near me <laugh>.

Archived