7 day Full Backup

-I have 1 Exchange Server, 1 SQL Server and 1 Web Server. Together these servers have about 40 GB of data.

-I also have a 7 tape LTO-2 Auto Loader with a 400GB of capacity for each tape.

-I want to set up a 7 day script that will perform FULL backups every night. I am under the understanding that the easy script will perform a Normal backup, so the first tape will get a Full and then the remaining will get an incremental form of back.

-In addition at the end of every month I will be removing the tape and storing them off site forever.

-The reason I figure that I should do full instead of the normal is easy of restore. And since the tapes won't be filled then space should not be a problem.

-------My Question: --------

1. Is there a way to modify the easy script to always use FULL instead of normal for backups?

2. If any has anyone performed a restore from normal back script media was it tedious?

3. At the end of the month when i ejected the tapes and replace them with new ones that should not reference to the previous set, what actions should I perform?

I apologize if i am asking stupid question but the tape backup scene is new to me. Thankyou in advance.

Archived