Is There A "Settings" File

Is there a file in which all my settings for "Duplicate Now" are stored? I want to make a copy of that file to use if/when I do clean-installs - that way I won't have to start from scratch.

I browsed this forum and saw a couple of references to the users manual and the topic of "moving Retrospect". I don't find that in my users manual...

I am using the version of Retrospect Express that came with my Maxtor HD. I think it is version 1.0.196.

Some time ago I contacted support and there suggestion was that I make screen-shots! doh.gif

I would very much appreciate some help in figuring out how to save/copy this settings file.

Thanks in advance.

Hello

First close retrospect.

Then, you can copy the config files from the path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\RetroExp to a cd or BU device.

*Note Application Data is a hidden folder.

Then if you do a clean install of retrospect HD, you can copy these config*.* files back into the same location/path after you perform a clean install of retrospect and you will have the same configuration setup.

Thanks for the information - but I don't think I am doing something right. I decided to test the backed up files by installing RetroExp on my notebook and then copying the config*.* from my backup to the correct path on the notebook. When I select "setup" none of my preferences are "selected". It appears as if I have to "select" (checked off) my choices. So did I miss something? I was expecting to see all the folders/files checked off. frown.gif

Archived