Lite-On LTR-40125S

Hi!

My computer specs are: Windows 98SE, Pentium 3, 800mhz, 384mb. I would like to order Retrospect Express Backup to back up my hard drive, a 20 GB maxtor. I have a Lite-On LTR-40125S, firmware version ZS0A. The Lite-On LTR-40125S is in the Backup Hardware Compatibility List. The list says it supports the firmware version ZS07. I think this is an older firmware version because I just bought the burner 1 1/2 weeks ago. Can anyone tell me if Retrospect Express Backup will work with this burner/new firmware version ZS0A? Also in the compatibility list it only mentions cd-rw media. Can I use cd-r's and cd-rw's to back up my hard drive or only cd-rw's? Thank you.

Jim

Thanks for the reply AmyC. I checked with Lite-On and ZS0A is the latest official firmware. Does this mean that this newer firmware will work with Retrospect Express Backup? Also can I use cd-r's and cd-rw's to back up my hard drive or only cd-rw's?

Jim

Yes, newer firmware will work. Any firmware older then what is posted will not.

You can use CD-R's or CD-RW's with this drive. This device is "High Speed" CD-RW rated and Dantz recommends that high-speed rated CD-RW be used if using CD-RW discs.

Archived